January 21, 2010

Escape and Evade Part 2

After docking up in 319 with my Rokh, I decided it was time to have some fun. I have a +4 Clone which had been left behind in Omist (Atlas Space) when we pulled out. Due to Bobby Atlas' Emo Rage and setting IT Alliance Neut, I had left him there. I assumed after Bobby got over his rage he would set us blue. Months later with no blue status, time to have some fun. I clone jumped to QSF and bought a Caracal and some T1 equipment. Not having rights to fitting tool, I undocked and made 5 jumps to Red Overlord Space and fitted up my Caracal. I then started the long trek through Atlas Space, assuming I would die but at least I would have fun and smack some Atlas members in local.

With Atlas deployed further north it was quite lonely for 7 or 8 jumps. I ran into a Dominix, who left me alone (and I left him alone). Other than that it was smooth sailing with a few waves from more moderate Atlas members (not everyone in Atlas is a douche canoe) I headed into Curse, still sailing along. Several jumps out of low sec I ran into a no station system with 40 in local, part of a corp I had never heard of. I quickly decided to reapproach and jump back through. Seeking alternative routes to Empire I decided to go through Doril. With members of the 40 man gang chasing me I started burning to my new destination. The pursuit eventually vanished and once again I was burning through empty 0.0. Is it just me or does no one like Angel Space (I didn't, the rats sucked).

Just a few jumps out of Doril I jumped into a gate camp. They had a Rapier, Dramiel, and random other ships camping a drag bubble 90 off gate. I immediately warped to a random planet at range, and from there to the outbound. Sure enough the Dramiel was waiting for me. I jumped on contact, Dramiel jumped with me. I loaded grid... Dramiel 24 off me. Yeah baby! (for those who are confused, Dramiel usually fits Scram) Sure enough the yellow grid showed up, I had been locked. But no red, I was out of range. I warped to the outbound and didn't look back. Surprisingly, the Doril gate wasn't bubbled or camped. By this time I was seeing AAA Citizens in local, so I was feeling a little better. Due to my massive ratting campaigns I can now venture into some of high sec. I dropped off my caracal, sold it and all the fittings and traveled in my pod to a system one of my RL friends had been running missions in (hes a noob). I was surprised that I actually made it all the way to empire. No kills, but still alive. I bought a Drake, fitted it and ran a couple missions (LVL1, ughhhh). It was strange, I haven't run missions in months. I felt a little bad not being in Fountain for an op, but when I heard the fail scouting dropped 1/4 of our 200 man BS fleet to a drag bubble camped by bombers I felt lucky. I look forward to running a few more missions before clone jumping back to 0.0 and taking out some roams. Several of my corp mates have been getting itchy for some good sporting fights. Me included.

No comments: