Welcome to the seventeenth installment of the EVE Blog Banter, the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by CrazyKinux. The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out other EVE Blog Members to the right of this post!
What could CCP Games do to attract and maintain a higher percentage of women to the game. Will Incarna do the trick? Can anything else be done in the mean time? Can we the players do our part to share the game we love with our counterparts, with our sisters or daughters, with the Ladies in our lives? What could be added to the game to make it more attractive to them? Should anything be changed? Is the game at fault, or its player base to blame?
I don't have much to write on the subject. As the game stands today, I don't think it has much to offer to the general female player base. IT Alliance has quite a few female pilots... in relation to the rest of EVE. That being said we are still talking about a dozen tops.
As others have commented, the games that women generally (GENERALLY) seem to enjoy are those that involve creation and construction. Genetic? Perhaps. SIMS, Myst, etc.
So maybe CCP will take a step in that direction with Tyrannis. With DUST... who knows.
Until EVE is less about pew pew (or mining/production/hauling) I don't think that ratio of guys to girls is going to change much.
That is all.
PS: Don't enter me into the contest.
- ► 2011 (65)
- Just not a good day for me.
- You win some, you lose some.
- Roams. Blobs. Caps. Lag.
- Stupid Loss Leads to Emo Log Off
- Who wants a carrier... kill?
- **You Can Change the Future**
- Shooting towers sucks.
- Logoffski Vote
- How to Defeat an Interceptor Gang.
- Chica's making pew pew?
- Holy EVE Man! Part 3 (The Finale)
- Holy EVE Man! Part 2
- Response to an angry man.
- Holy EVE Man! Pt 1
- Resurrection with a Vengeance
- Smart Fights = Best Fights
- Epic Fights and Epic Lag.
- Baseball and Fireworks.
- A night of... no EVE? WTF?
- Success and Failure
- Making Tracks
- Random Things
- High Sec Fun... Sorta
- Ships in the Hangar(s)
- Roaming and more Roaming
- PK Needs Your Help
- Roaming in High Sec is Strange
- A bore and a chore, nothing more
- You win some, ya lose some.
- Another Day, another Tech Moon
- A day of fighting... and winning.
- Response to Jump on Contact
- Eve Online Blog Pak
- A War of Attrition
- Battles for the Gate
- ▼ April (35)